Navjeevan Institute of Management(NIM), a premier business school established in 1994, is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), recognized under AICTE (New Delhi), accredited by NAAC in 2004 and re-accredited in 2019 with B++ Grade. it is also an active member of CII Western region. Our aim is not only to impart quality education in the field of management but also to ensure holistic development of the students. The institute is located in scenic Nasik, also known historically as the city of pilgrimage and recently as Asia’s only wine park.
Navjeevan Education Society (NES), established in 1983, is an ambitious educational body, registered by Society’s Registration Act & B.P.T Act 1960. Our sheer ambition is to be useful for the rebuilding of this nation by supplying sincere and hardworking youth
NES and its Group of Institutions are the dream projects of its Founder Chairman Sri SUBHASH G. DESHMUKH a visionary, an acknowledged educationist, a philanthropist, and a social worker.
The institute is involved in offering Management Development Programs (MDP) to practicing managers.
Our renowned core, full time and the visiting faculty sincerely believe in not only disseminating knowledge through excellent teaching, but also by creating knowledge through research. They are very well-versed in their fields of expertise, which immensely benefit our students in preparing them for the challenging business environments.
The society is running three “Navjeevan Public Schools” in the surrounding areas of Nashik, based on Shantiniketan pattern where the students from all over India and abroad are taking education.
Knowledge of Law is demand of time. In view of growing need in the region for law students, NES has accepted this challenge of providing high profile law students, and therefore started Navjeevan Law College at CIDCO in Nasik City in the year 1999. The premise is situated at clean, clam, peaceful and pollution free environment. The college is affiliated to the University of Pune and also recognized by Bar Council of India and Government of Maharashtra and NAAC accredited in 2004. Soon, we will finish the process of NBA Accreditation as well.
NES started NWP & RF, as a nodal organization in Nashik City. It includes working projects like CIF, Rural & Tribal Development, child Glour prohibition, AIDS awareness program, literacy campaign, self-employment schemes for rural youth.
PROFESSIONAL CODE OF CONDUCT
RULES & CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS, TEACHERS & SUPPORT STAFF
A. GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT:
1. All students, Teachers & support staff are expected to follow rules & regulations so as to ensure the smooth functioning of the Institution. Violation of the rules will lead to suitable disciplinary action as per the rules of UGC, Navjeevan Institute of Management (NIM) and other relevant statutory bodies.
2. Students are required to display/carry the ID cards given by the Institute during their stay in the NIM Campus.
3. All students, Teachers & support staff must follow the dress code of formal Attire as prescribed by NIM. Students & Teachers are expected to avoid any form of attire or behavior which could be considered indecent/unsuitable.
4. While in the campus, students’ behavior must not at any point be a disturbance to the conduct of lecture.
5. Drinking alcohol/any related substance, Smoking and gambling in any form within the campus premises are strictly prohibited. A strict action shall be taken against such a person.
6. Cell phones/Mobiles phones or other such device should be used only in common area in the campus.
7. No students, Teachers or support staff shall communicate or write any details regarding NIM in any manner to the Press or Media without prior approval of NIM Authorities.
8. 75% attendance is mandatory for all the students as per Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) rules.
9. In case of illness or any other issues, students, Teachers & support staff must inform NIM Director and must produce the necessary valid medical certificate within 7 days.
10. Any unwelcome behavior of any student brought to the notice of the NIM Management will invite disciplinary action against the concern person.
11. Prior permission/approval from the NIM Authority is required to be taken for organizing any Get together/ Function/ Party or any other event and to use of Institute facilities.
12. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited within the premises of the Institute/department/classroom as well as on public transport. Anti-Ragging Cell is formed by NIM every year with Faculty and Students Representative to help address the issues, if arises, in proper manner.
13. Any individual or group of individuals who indulge in an act or practice of ragging constitutes gross indiscipline and such individual/ groups shall be dealt with as per the ordinance. This includes individual or collective acts or practices that involve physical assault or threat or use of physical force, which violate the status, dignity, and honor of any student. Any complaints regarding ragging should be brought to the notice of Anti-Ragging committee members. The names and the telephone numbers of the members are displayed in the Campus.
14. Students are expected to read the notices displayed on the notice board on regular basis.
15. Sexual Harassment in any form is highly prohibited in and off NIM Campus. In case of such issue, the students, Teachers & support staff are requested to contact the Grievance Addressal committee. The names and the telephone numbers of the members are displayed in the Campus.
B. ACADEMIC RULES AND DISCIPLINE:
1. No student can enter or leave the lecture session while the lecture session is in progress, without the permission of the concerned faculty.
2. Students must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner during a lecture session so as NOT to disturb the proceedings of an ongoing session.
3. During the progress of various lecture sessions, all students should maintain silence in the campus premises.
4. Teachers are expected to do Fair Evaluation at all the time for al the students of the Institute. Resorting to unfair means of any type in any evaluation process or examination is a serious offence. Any such act will attract serious punishment ranging from cancellation of the concerned examination to rustication from the Institute. The decision of NIM Management will be final in all such cases.
5. Students are expected to take a leave approval in writing from NIM Director. If any test or examination is held during such period, a student is NOT entitled for a re-examination. However, the discretion in this regard will vest with NIM Director/University.
1. Students should wear/show ID cards in the library.
2. Every student will be issued only 2 books at a time for a maximum period of 7 days and as per the due date stamped on a borrowed book. On Expiry of the period, if student fails to return the book (s) will have to pay fine of Rs 10/-per day for a week and Rs 25/- per day further. The amount of fine can be varied from time to time at the discretion of the director.
3. Library cards are non-transferable, meaning thereby no issue will be made to a student against the library card of any other student.
4. The library is expected to be used only for issuance/ return of the books as well as for study. Any other type of activities including Group discussions etc. will NOT be permitted inside the library premises.
5. All library books must be returned after the course or program is completed and within the due date fixed by the Institute from time to time. The passing certificates and mark sheets will NOT be given without the clearance and No Dues Certificate from the librarian.
6. Student should familiarize themselves with library timings and rules and regulations displayed on the notice boards from time to time.
7. LIBRARY RULES :
Circulation Issue System:
Books are issued on presentation of the library card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
Validity of Cards:
Validity of Institutional Membership is from 1st July to 30th June (Academic Year).
Loss of Card:
Member will have to pay Rs.50/- for getting duplicate borrower card. Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian in writing.
Two books will be issued to the students for 7 days only. The fine will be charged @ Re.2 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after consulting the librarian.
Care of Library Books:
Students are required to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil; writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case user shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issuing of book.
This section includes Encyclopedia, Dictionaries, Hand books, and reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
In these section journals, general magazines and News letter are available. They are arranged alphabetically. The latest issues are displayed on display rack.
Working Hours of the Library:
Monday to Saturday 8 am to 5 pm. (Reading hour : 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
Sunday Open : 10 am. to 4 pm
D. COMPUTER LABORATORY RULES:
1. Students are NOT allowed entering Computer lab without ID cards.
2. Students should write their details like Name, Class, In-Out time etc in the register as and when they enter the IT lab or leave Computer lab.
3. Students are NOT allowed to work in Computer lab when he/she has a lecture session. In case of any breach of this rule, disciplinary actions will be taken.
4. Students are NOT allowed to carry any kind of eatables, water bottles and any other belongings in the Computer lab.
5. The Computer lab is expected to be used only for academic purpose. Visiting internet sites that are unethical, banned and NOT for academic purposes is strictly prohibited. Similarly chatting of any type or playing computer games is strictly prohibited, if any student is found to indulge in any such activities, it will attract disciplinary actions.
NOTE: Students, Teachers & Supporting Staff shall be intimated of any changes or updates on Code of Conduct from time to time to ensure the healthy learning atmosphere in the Institute.